Christmas parties are a great way to thank your employees for their hard work during the year, but as an employer you are still required to consider the safety of your staff.
Some things you may consider as a way of protecting your staff and your business as you are organising your annual gathering (or any gathering during the year for that matter) include:
- ensure your policies and procedures are up to date (with particular reference to bullying and harassment)
- send an email to your staff before the event encouraging them to enjoy themselves, but reminding them that it is a work function
- ensure alcohol is served legally and responsibly
- provide food and non-alcoholic drinks
- arrange transport so your employees can get home from the event, or at least to a common return point so they may make their own arrangements
…that’s enough of the serious stuff, I hope everyone who is having their end of year celebration this weekend has a fabulous time!