Check your Agent!

hot tipsThe tax Practitioners Board (TPB) are responsible for the registration and regulation of Tax Agents and BAS Agents.

They maintain a register of all Agents and you can search the register anytime here.

But what’s the difference?

A registered Tax Agent can attend to the preparation and lodgement of all taxation documents.

A registered BAS Agent can only attend to the preparation and lodgement of a Business Activity Statement (BAS) or Instalment Activity Statement (IAS)

The Tax Chic is registered Tax Agent!

I’ve read many stories of BAS Agents promoting themselves as a Tax Agent, a recent case saw a company fined $81,500 for unlawfully providing and advertising tax agent services.

I highly recommend you check to see that your advisor is listed on the register, or better yet, come and see The Tax Chic!



One thought on “Check your Agent!

  1. Tobias Armstrong

    I had no idea that there was such a difference in certain types of agents. The fact that certain agents have promoted themselves wrongly makes me want to be super careful next time I’m looking for any type of agent. I wouldn’t have realized this was a problem unless I had read this, so thanks for sharing!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *